From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} web-based accounting ledger
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 16:05:54
1 On 20 January 2013, at 01:07, Grant wrote:
2 > ...
3 > * ledgersmb - outdated ebuild in bugzilla, requires postresql
4
5 You don't really need an ebuild for LedgerSMB - you just install Postgres and Apache; untar the ledgerSMB files into /var/www/mysite/whatever and add a user to Postgres.
6
7 There's perhaps a *smidgeon* more to it than that, but it's not hard and I don't see what an ebuild would realistically add.
8
9 LedgerSMB allows you to produce beautiful invoices, because invoice layout is based on LaTeX (or was last time I checked).
10
11 I recommend LedgerSMB over SQL-Ledger, but otherwise not wholeheartedly.
12
13 Stroller.