From: abhay <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] udev not getting unmounted at shutdown/reboot
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:54:24
1 Hello,
2
3 A few days ago my system hung and I had to do a reboot by pressing the power
4 button. Since then I get the following message while shutdown/reboots
5
6 Remounting remaining filesystems readonly [!!]
7 umount : udev busy - remounted read-only
8 umount : /: device is busy
9 umount : /: device is busy
10 umount : /: device is busy
11 Give root password for maintenance
12 (or type Control-D to continue):
13
14 If I don't do anything then the system reboots in approximately 5 seconds but
15 on reboot it says that "/" filesystem is NOT clean. I boot into Slackware (my
16 alternate distro) and during boot it replays over 100 transactions on Gentoo
17 partition. It is a kind of routine. I shutdown/reboot, get the above
18 mentioned message and then a "filesystem is NOT clean" on next boot. How can
19 I get rid of this annoyance? Can this error harm my install any way?
20
21 Versions I am currently using
22 sys-fs/udev-070-r1
23 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.14-r2
24
25 I have tried re-emerging udev but it did not help.
26 Googling did not bring any results either.
27
28 Any ideas to solved this problem will be highly appreciated.
29
30 Regards,
31 Abhay