From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Network config problem
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 23:13:01
1 On 2019-11-30 14:34, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > I want to start playing with IPv6 (thanks, Ralph S.) but first I need
4 > to clean up something wrong with my existing IPv4.
5
6 > * Bringing down interface eth0
7 > RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory
8 > Error talking to the kernel
9
10 Do you mean the bit above? I get that too, and I have been seeing it
11 for as long as I remember - maybe always. I ignore it and nothing bad
12 happens.
13
14 I have totally different hardware (r8169), and I have the "stable" names
15 on (ahem), so I think neither of those are relevant.
18 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
19 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
20 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
21 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.