From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Tablet PC? Anyone?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 18:50:20
1 Willie Wong <wwong <at> Princeton.EDU> writes:
4 > Mainly what I am looking for is some sort of
5 > pen-mouse/tablet/touchscreen interface that makes drawing diagrams
6 > simpler (compared to a touchpad or the little dit that sits between
7 > the g,h, and b keys on a laptop). So if anyone knows of a laptop
8 > with this kind of built-in interface, it will also be good.
9
10 Hello Willie,
11
12 May or Maynot be what you are looking for, but there is a really simple
13 easy/quick drawing tool, call 'dia' in portage. (app-office/dia).
14
15 Alternatively, if you do not find what you want, you may consider developing
16 a quick writing system to go with this ARM(Cortex) based, linux friendly
17 notebook. Who knows you may even land a really cool, high paying job,
18 if you replace ubuntu with gentoo, on this bad boy.....
19 Let me know if you have problems getting one, were a FreeScale
20 development partner....
21
22 Furthermore, Gentoo has some really talented folks in the embedded
23 group, and ARM is very popular therein.
26 http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8595694202.html
27
28 http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3522920675.html
29
30 It looks wide open on connectivity possibilities!
35 hth,
36
37 James