From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] telnet localhost
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:51:53
1 THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
2 > On 3/27/06, Gabriel Dain <gabrieldain@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> If you really wanted to telnet to yourself (i dont see any
4 >> circumstance in which this would be useful), you'd have to set up a
5 >> telnet/ssh server:
6 >> http://freessh.org/unix.html
7 >> --
8 >> Gabriel Dain
9 > ..
10 >
11 > I emerged
12 >
13 > netkit-telnetd
16 > which I think is sufficient for my needs (?).
17
18 For what needs? Why did you now install a telnet
19 server? I thought you wanted to get leafnode to
20 run.
21
22 > I'm going by the following (except that I'm doing xinit):
25 > Leafnode should run now?
28 > Try telnet on port 119:
29 >
30 > $ telnet localhost 119
31 > Hopefully you see something like that:
32 >
33 > [christian@maggie ~]$ telnet localhost 119
34 > Trying 127.0.0.1...
35 > Connected to localhost.localdomain.
36 > Escape character is '^]'.
37 > 200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.9.14 running at maggie.scriptkiddie.de
38
39 Your hostname is maggie.scriptkiddie.de? You are
40 Christian Kuester? If not, does he allow you to
41 use this hostname?
42
43 > <http://www-student.cs.uni-bonn.de/~kuester/html/slrn-with-leafnode-HOWTO-3.html>
45 Argl.
46
47 Don't stupidly copy everything you see there.
48
49 Alexander Skwar
50 --
51 "Who can fathom the feminine mind?" -Calvin "I like `em anyway" -Hobbes
52 --
53 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list