From: PaulNM <gentoo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend to RAM problem
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 07:24:15
1 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Whenever I suspend my Evo N600c to RAM, it goes to sleep fine, but when I
5 > press the power button to resume the laptop wakes up, but the screen remains
6 > blank. Then all I can do is hold down the On/Off button for >5 seconds to
7 > force a shutdown.
8 >
9 > dmesg is telling me that ACPI support the following states:
10 > ===============================
11 > ACPI: (supports S0 S1 S3 S4 S5)
12 > ===============================
13 >
14 > Would you know of a fix? Is this a BIOS problem?
15
16 I know very little about suspend-to-ram, but a possibility is maybe
17 there's something with X. Can you get to another tty (Ctrl-Alt-F2)? It
18 may also be something like xscreensaver set to a screensaver that
19 doesn't run well.
22 > PS. What's the difference between Standby and Suspend to RAM?
23
24 Standby just turns off the screen and spins down the disks. It may or
25 may not turn off some hardware like the net card. Ram is still powered
26 and the machine is still on. Suspend to RAM as I understand it is much
27 deeper, ram and cpu are just about all that is powered up.
30 PaulNM
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list