From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] broken dependencies?¿
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:23:43
1 On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 21:14:00 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 19:37:59 +0200, Arnau Bria wrote:
5 >
6 [...]
7 > > so how my system determines which is the version it must use for
8 > > calculating dependencies?
9 >
10 > It uses all of them, because all installed packages need their
11 > dependencies.
12 Ok, thaks for your explanation.
13
14 [...]
15
16 > > In fact, as it's my laptop and I have no much space, I only keep
17 > > current kernel source (for modules buid)...
18 >
19 > In that case "emerge --prune --ask gentoo-sources" will do what you
20 > need, but you still need to remove the directories from /usr/src
21 > manually because emerge only removes the files it installed, not any
22 > that were created or modified by you, like when you compiled the
23 > kernel.
24 Thanks for your explanations Neil,
25
26 Cheers!
29 Arnau Bria
30 http://blog.emergetux.net
31 Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list