From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Open Source Family Tree software?
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 23:44:56
1 Mark Knecht schrieb am 30.11.2008 00:29:
2
3 > It seems that
4 > gramps is doing something sort of like this but one wonders just how
5 > large their database is. Also, I'd hate for my wife to do a lot of
6 > work entering a few hundred people only to find she cannot use the
7 > gramps data with anything but gramps.
8
9 Gramps has support for the GEDCOM format, which I remember was also used
10 by another program I tried some years ago. GEDCOM is according to the
11 gramps homepage an industry standard, so it should be possible to
12 exchange your data with all other programs supporting this standard.
13
14 http://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Features