From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] NFS setup
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 08:01:27
1 On to the next problem...
2
3 This workstation serves as compute host to two smaller boxes on the network. I
4 NFS-mount the PORTDIR of the smaller box in a chroot on this one, then do
5 emerging and so on to build packages which I install later on the smaller box.
6
7 That works fine on one of the smaller boxes, but on the other I get a
8 different port being used for NFS transfer every time. So I have to change the
9 holes in the firewall before anything useful happens.
10
11 As far as I can see, everything to do with NFS is identical on the two boxes,
12 in particular kernel config, /etc/conf.d/nfs and /etc/exports, but I must have
13 missed something. SSH and SCP are not affected.
14
15 Any ideas?
18 Regards,
19 Peter.