From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 2.6.23 and xorg delayed startup
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 03:43:03
1 I just upgraded my kernel from 2.6.19 to 2.6.23 and it takes almost a
2 minute for X to start now.
3
4 I have changed window managers (normally ctwm, tested with twm) with the
5 same results. I rebooted the 2.6.19 kernel and X fires right up as
6 expected. Booting back to 2.6.23 and it's excruciatingly long.
7
8 I saw some prior posts which indicated a network problem, but in that
9 case the OP said that the loopback interface wasn't up. I checked my
10 system (ifconfig) and both lo and eth0 are up and running.
11
12 I do have this error from startx, though:
13 Couldn't establish a connection to :9202: IO::Socket::INET: Bad hostname ':9202'
14
15 I forgot to check if I had that error when running 2.6.19... I tried
16 a web search for this type of error and came up empty. What part of X
17 would this error be from?
18
19 Thanks!
22 -M
23
24 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
25 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list