From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I have 146,000 files in lost+found. How do I sort them?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 04:36:19
1 Thanks for the detailed advice. And thanks, Richard for your advice too.
2
3 In the end (before I received your posts) I managed to move all the
4 files into enough smaller directories that I could browse them in
5 Nautilus. From what I saw it looked very much to me like most of the
6 files were ones that had been deleted by emerge before the big disaster.
7 I didn't look at every single one obviously, but it soon became obvious
8 that I wasn't going to find much of any use.
9
10 And thanks for giving a practical example of how to use find. I have
11 always found the man page rather heavy going, so this is the first time
12 I have felt I have half an idea how to use it.
13
14 Robert
15