From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo is the best linux distro
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:49:53
1 On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:03:04 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 >
5 > > The popular forum answer of "my granny's dog's owner once ran this
6 > > command and it seemed to fix her green screen so give it a try and see
7 > > if it repairs your password" just does not ever get proposed here :-)
8 >
9 > Instead we get, try USE="-*" :P
12 "Try MAKEOPTS='-j1'"
13
14 "Turn off distcc"
15
16 "Just use $automagic tool" (magic is nice, if and only if I know what it's
17 doing)
18
19 "Just use dracut" (particularly puzzling, given that dracut needs to be
20 unmasked, while genkernel doesn't.)
21
22 On IRC, it's worse; I get all kinds of grief over my CFLAGS, even though I
23 never put anything there that "-O2 -ggdb -march=native" doesn't expand
24 to...I expand it so that I can use distcc without -march=native expanding
25 to the wrong set of flags!
28 :wq