From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-2.7 && python-updater
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 23:07:53
1 > I guess I'm not clear on the use of 'manual' here. They are
2 > automatically added. If they are correctly rebuilt then they shouldn't
3 > need to be added a second time, correct? However they are. (Over and
4 > over...)
5 >
6 > Basically, it is my understanding that if everything is correctly
7 > updated then on the second pass it should say there's nothing to do,
8 > right?
11 No
14 > I mean, I can add anything to a list of things not to build, but I
15 > don't know why I'd add them vs just letting it run and telling me it's
16 > doing them a 2nd/3rd time and feeling the job must be done.
17 >
18 > I assume there is stuff in these packages that is somehow hard linked
19 > to python-2.6 libraries or something and one of these days that will
20 > get fixed?
21 >
22 > - Mark
25 RTFM :)
26
27 manual
28 python-updater has a list of packages that are known to break
29 by Python upgrades but can't be determined by methods specified
30 above. This check can be disabled if you're sure you've rebuilt
31 the package once and it's OK now.
32 Enabled by default.