From: Ricardo Saffi Marques <saffi@××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] uvesafb and screen resolution
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:55:50
1 On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Sergey Kobzar <tod.zullu@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > uvesafb works nice.
6 Can anyone help me with the following?
7 Do any of you know how to make uvesafb (that replaces the old vesafb-tng)
8 set to a pre-defined resolution?
9 What I mean is that with vesafb-tng I used to set like: "1440x900@60" as fb
10 settings and then, during boot, while kernel was loading, when it passed
11 through that "instruction", it would start using the console with those fb
12 settings and the penguins on the top. Then the penguins disappear and I had
13 a great text console @ 1440x900.
14 I remeber putting the exact string 1440x900@60 when building my kernel on
15 the vesafb page. Now with uvesafb I don't get that option and my text
16 console has a horrible resolution. A simple "lspci" will generate text long
17 enough for a line to break.
18 Anyone?
19
20 Regards,
21
22 Saffi
25 Ricardo Saffi Marques
26 Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas (LAS/IC)
27 Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
28 Cell: +55 (19) 8128-0435
29 Skype: ricardo_saffi_marques
30 Website: http://www.rsaffi.com