From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rhythmbox plays silently
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:57:09
1 On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Michael Schmarck
2 <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Good evening!
4 >
5 > I've got a problem with media-sound/rhythmbox-0.11.2-r1 on
6 > my new ~x86 system. When I play an MP3 file, I see that rb
7 > progresses and when I turn on visualization, I see the sound.
8 > But I hear nothing at all :/
9 >
10 > Any ideas about why that's so?
11 >
12 > The volume slider in rb is all the way up. Also all the sliders
13 > in the mixer are all up. And when I use a different player,
14 > like Amarok, VLC or MPlayer, I hear sound when I play the song
15 > that's silent in Rhythmbox. This happens with all the songs
16 > I tried.
17 >
18 > Well - what to do?
19 >
20 > Thanks,
21 > Michael
22 >
23 Do you play sound with something else before running rhythmbox? What
24 happens when you run rhythmbox after restarting alsa? Also does
25 rhythmbox use alsa or oss?
26 > --
27 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list