From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Nice job,
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 00:30:45
1 On Sun, 8 Mar 2020 23:41:00 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > >>> Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50e00) with this
4 > >>> library (version 0x50e01)
5 > >>
6 > >> RTFM when using Gentoo.
7 > >
8 > > Which manual? I haven't changed my behavior regarding updating my
9 > > system in fifteen years. =|
10 >
11 > Perhaps that's the problem? ;)
12
13 Things don't change that much, the approach is as broken now as it was 15
14 years ago...
15
16 > This appears to be a KDE/Qt problem. All of the terminals I use work
17 > fine, but I don't run KDE.
18
19 It sounds like the sort of thing that happens partway through an upgrade.
20 The usual fix is to allow the upgrade to complete and, if necessary, log
21 out of the desktop and back in.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 If you shoot a mime, should you use a silencer?