From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cyrus-sasl necessary with localhost webmail?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 20:05:18
1 >>> I recently switched from Thunderbird to Roundcube (highly
2 >>> recommended), switched to the non-SSL courier daemon, and plugged the
3 >>> firewall hole since courier resides on the same system as my web
4 >>> server. Do I still need cyrus-sasl or will a webmail client
5 >>> authenticate directly with courier?
6 >>
7 >> Can anyone tell me if it's necessary to run cyrus-sasl between courier
8 >> and a webmail client if they're on the same machine?
9 >
10 > I have a very old installation of net-mail/courier-imap
11 >
12 > I don't believe I have ever run cyrus-sasl on it. I have accessed this system via Squirrelmail, IMAP and (I think) IMAP-over-SSL.
13
14 Thanks Stroller. Do you run postfix or another MTA on that system?
15 I'm wondering if I might need cyrus-sasl for postfix instead of
16 courier.
17
18 - Grant