From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing an old glibc to run a proprietary commercial tool (would that even help?)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 09:20:17
1 I was in a similar position some years ago - grab a copy of the needed
2 libs from somewhere and use "ldpreload" to load them into memory before
3 running the application. Google will help.
4
5 In some cases, you can symlink the needed lib names to existing later
6 libs and run ldconfig before trying to run the app. This does work
7 sometimes, but success varies ...
8
9 BillK