From: Steven Susbauer <steven@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: encrypted email (gentoo-windows)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 00:04:29
1 On 3/27/11 5:00 AM, Elaine C. Sharpe wrote:
2 > In linux.gentoo.user, James wrote:
3 >>
4 >> What I would really like is to be able to exchange encrypted mail
5 >> with any MS user
6 >
7 > What, you've never received an encrypted email from a windows user
8 > before? If you think about it, surely you have...
9 >
10 > I know ms is pretty bad about standards and interoperability, but
11 > pgp or gpg encrypted mail is relatively common on win, *nix, and
12 > os x. Pretty sure the problem you're trying to solve doesn't exist.
15 "Outlook" uses S/MIME rather than PGP. If this user is used to being
16 part of a normal Windows domain infrastructure with PKI and they haven't
17 set up their system properly then it would appear that they cannot
18 exchange encrypted mail with an MS user.