From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HTML5 player (YouTube) is a pain!...Alternatives?
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 09:49:18
1 Am 29.11.2016 um 07:42 schrieb Meino.Cramer@×××.de:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I get sick of this [CESNORED] HTML5 stuff coming from YouTube!
5 > Most of the videos while playayaingnaying arereare stututterutering
6 > liiklike helellell.
7 >
8 > I tested a lot of HTML5 addons to fix that problem and googled
9 > around the world but nothing helps. The only thing I found is an
10 > iconic sentence, which is true in this case also:
11 > "You are not alone...!".
12 >
13 > Is there any way to feed the stream from youtube direktly into
14 > a not blown player like mpv/mplayer or such (I would prefer
15 > not to load a complete gui (vlc) with any click again and again.)?
16 >
17 > Thanks for any help in advance!
18 > Cheers
19 > Meino
20 >
21 > PS: For the completeness:
22 > I have tried to fix that problem by:
23 > Restarting firefox
24 > Disabling hardware acceleration
25 > Disabling webgl
26 > Checking, whether the YouTube-testpage shows "all ok" for HTML5 (it does)
27 > Checking various about:config-setting for usefulness
28 > De-/Installing various addons, which all promise the heaven on earth
31 > .
32 >
33 using chrome I have no problems at all, as long as the graphic driver
34 stack is working fine.