From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] went from x86 to ~x86: no more X11
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 20:37:56
1 Joshua Murphy schrieb:
2
3 > Looking at that log, my first question is... does your thinkpad run
4 > 1680x1050?
5
6 Yes. ThinkPad R61 ...
7
8 > The RECORD disable shouldn't make a difference on X
9 > actually loading, based on the message it gives, and the (EE) lines
10 > about dri/dri2 shouldn't be an issue with nvidia drivers if I recall
11 > (my box with an nvidia card's down at the moment, and it's on a
12 > slightly older version of X and nvidia drivers, old hardware as it
13 > is).
14
15 dri/dri2-warnings were there before as well, yes ...
16
17 And the RECORD-message is in the log of my (working) ~amd64-box as well.
18
19 > Also, is this with or without hal & dbus? newest few versions of
20 > X were finicky with me about running -hal, but work fine with +hal (as
21 > long as hal is running as well).
22
23 hald and dbus running, xorg-server with +hal.
24
25 thank you, Stefan