From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install software using ebuilds on other systems
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 21:40:06
1 On 12/08/2013 04:11 PM, Jauhien Piatlicki wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I have one question.
5 >
6 > There is a nice project called gentoo-prefix that allows to install
7 > Gentoo in other systems locally. It is really greate, but if one needs
8 > to easily install only a little number of packages it can be quite
9 > boring to compile the whole base system to be able to do so.
10 >
11 > Hence my question, is there a way to use portage to install software per
12 > user on a different system using its system compiler etc.? Without
13 > dependency checking of course ) I want just use an ebuild, so I do not
14 > need to configure, make and install stuff by hand.
17 This isn't going to work for non-trivial packages, but,
18
19 emerge --nodeps foo
20
21 might fly if everything is present where the build system expects it to be.
22
23 If I were you I would suck it up and build the whole @system, it will
24 save time in the long run.