From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can not mount USB stick as user
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:03:22
1 On 02/05/14 18:35, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >On 05/02/2014 18:32, Joseph wrote:
3 >> Which program is responsible for mounting USB stick on XFCE4?
4 >>
5 >> After enable "systemd" flag in make.conf USE=
6 >> the following packages were rebuild:
7 >> sys-apps/busybox
8 >> sys-apps/dbus
9 >> sys-auth/pambase
10 >> sys-auth/polkit
11 >> sys-fs/udisks
12 >> sys-power/upower
13 >> gnome-base/gvfs
14 >>
15 >> But now I have a BIG problem, I can not mount USB stick at all as user
16 >> (only as root).
17 >> Eject doesn't work either.
20 >fast reply off the top of the head of someone who has never used systemd:
23 >Systemd and udev are tightly interwoven. Did you restart udev?
24 >
25 >--
26 >Alan McKinnon
27 >alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
28
29 Yes, I restarted the system. I don't have "udev" installed; systemd is replacing udev isn't it?
30 Before installing systemd I had to unmerge udev.
33 Joseph