From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] slim keyboard layout
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:55:35
1 On 16 February 2012 09:10, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Dear All,
3 >
4 > I have been googling for a while to find the answer for the question
5 > how on earth I'm able to set up the default keyboard layout of slim,
6 > but I haven't find any answer for this.
7 > A few articles say that if the keyboard layout is set up in xorg.conf
8 > than it will be okay. It doesn't work. I haven't find any option to
9 > set up in /etc/slim.conf file and I also haven't find any information
10 > about it in the gentoo documents.
11 >
12 > So, I would like to know that somebody does know the answer for this question?
13 >
14 > Thanks in advance!
15 >
16 > András
17
18 I really doubt that slim has any keyboard-layout functionality - it
19 should be defined by xorg.conf. It's possible that you have a complex
20 DE (gnome/kde), which overrides the X settings when it loads, as I
21 assume that your problem is only in slim, and not also in your DE.
22
23 A look at your Xorg.0.log, and some more explanation of your situation
24 would be helpful :)