From: Bob Young <BYoung@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] possible defective memory
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:56:52
1 FWIW, I had the same problem, (compile would hang, no error, no message,
2 nothing), while installing a dual AMD64 system last week. I got past it by
3 using kernel switches to force single CPU (nosmp), and disabling the apic
4 (noapic), during the install. Don't know for sure which switch resolved it,
5 or if they were both needed. May not help you, but thought I'd mention it
6 just in case.
7
8 Regards,
9 Bob Young
12 -----Original Message-----
13 From: bruce harding [mailto:bshlists@××××××.com]
14 Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 3:13 PM
15 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
16 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] possible defective memory
17
18 On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 03:16:52 +0200