From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No display w/ kernel 3.2.0
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 22:17:05
1 Am 2012-01-05 21:57, schrieb Mark Knecht:
2 > I hadn't considered grub.conf. Sorry. Here's mine.
3
4 i915.modeset=1
5
6 didn't help ... with or without the other i915-options.
7
8 I also tried "make localmodconfig" to somehow maybe get rid of old cruft.
9
10 Maybe I just wait for some bug-reports elsewhere. Or I compile a kernel
11 with exactly your config for a test.
12
13 I don't know if I have any particular stupid or unnecessary options in
14 my .config ... could be as I take the .config with me for years now,
15 only adapting to new kernels bit by bit and never really starting over.
16
17 otoh it might be a bug and not my fault anyway.
18
19 :-)
20
21 Stefan