From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fixing fstab
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:12:24
1 you don't even need to chroot. just mount / on /mnt/gentoo, etc
2 should be there, edit the file and sync;unmount; reboot
3
4 On Nov 14, 2005, at 2:58 PM, Mark wrote:
5
6 > I made a mistake while creating my fstab on a new install, and I can't
7 > boot. If I use my Universal CD to boot up, what command(s) will I have
8 > to run to get access to the fstab to fix it? (I'm assuming I have to
9 > re-mount & chroot but I don't know specifically what to do). Thanks!
10 >
11 > -
12 > Mark
13 > [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]
14 >
15 > --
16 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list