From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge broken - libstdc++.so.5
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:50:56
1 > > >
2 > > > dragonfly ~ # eix libstd
3 > > > eix: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open
4 > > > shared object file: No such file or directory
5 > > > dragonfly ~ #
6 > >
7 > > That's because the tarball pointed to from that page is for 3.4.x,
8 > > which contains libstdc++.so.6 - libstdc++.so.5 is the shared library
9 > > from gcc 3.3.x, which is not binary compatible with libstdc++.so.6 -
10 > > hence, to recover using the method described on that Wiki page, you
11 > > need to find a 3.3.x tarball.
12 > >
13 > > Does anyone have one already that they can offer? If not, let me know
14 > > your -march and etc., and I will see if I can compile/upload one for
15 > > you.
16 > >
17 > > -James
18 >
19 > Thanks James. The required tarball is on the above referenced page.
20 > I'm downloading it now.
21 >
22 > - Mark
25 And it's all fixed now.