From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Installing the "ptouch" CUPS Raster driver
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 19:47:57
1 > I have a Brother QL-570 label printer and the "ptouch" driver doesn't
2 > seem to be available in portage:
3 >
4 > http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Brother-QL-570
5 >
6 > I tried to install it manually as instructed by the ptouch docs:
7 >
8 > http://www.diku.dk/hjemmesider/ansatte/panic/P-touch/
9 >
10 >  > tar zxf ptouch-driver-*.tar.gz
11 >  > cd ptouch-driver-*
12 >  > ./configure
13 >  > make
14 >  > make install
15 >
16 > I then restarted cupsd but no new printers show up when I try to add a
17 > printer in the *:631 CUPS admin area.  Does anyone know how I can get
18 > get a manually installed CUPS Raster printer driver working?
19 >
20 > - Grant
21
22 I needed to install foomatic-db to get the PPD. I also needed to
23 change the above to:
24
25 ./configure --prefix=/usr
26
27 and add a symlink like so:
28
29 cd /usr/bin
30 ln -s /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoptch
31
32 - Grant