From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GUI for LVM?
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 07:25:48
1 On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 02:08 -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > Bill Kenworthy wrote:
3 > > On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 00:48 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 > >> Bill Kenworthy wrote:
5 ...
6 > >>
7 > >> Dale
8 ...
9 > Well, I recently bought a new 3Tb drive to replace a 250G and a 750G
10 > that was using LVM to make a 1Tb drive. I have deleted the stuff and
11 > was going to use webmin to create a LVM for backups, until I run out of
12 > space at least. I can't figure out how to create a pv in webmin tho.
13 > It looks like it is done in the vg section but not sure. It's been a
14 > long while since I even looked at webmin and IT HAS CHANGED.
15 >
16 > A while back I saw some info on the KDE version of LVM management. The
17 > screenshots looked pretty neat and it seems to be really nice. The
18 > Redhat toolbox looks nice too but I don't guess it will ever be on
19 > Gentoo. Anyway, my problem is remembering which comes first. I try to
20 > remember PVL. Physical first, then volume and then logical. Thing is,
21 > webmin has it in a different order which makes me wonder. :/ I'm sort
22 > of getting used to this confusion. lol
23 >
24 > Now to go study this some more. O_O 2:00AM and I'm staring at a
25 > screen. Jeeez!
26 >
27 > Dale
28 >
32 Doesn't look any better at 3.20pm in the afternoon either ... though at
33 least the sun is shining :)
34
35 BillK