From: Willie Matthews <matthews.willie@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]Can't went to the xfce desktop directly
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 05:50:09
1 On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:26:40 +0800
2 ÕÔ¼ÑêÍ <jiahui.tar.gz@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hello , everyone . I have install the xfce-meta followed the xfce
5 > handbook . But when i restart the computer . And the login
6 > manager(slim) appeared. I just enter my account and passwd . After
7 > that . the computer have become black with a mouse icon like x . And
8 > i should use Ctrl+Alt+F1 to went to the tty , then when i run the
9 > command: startxfce4 , it tell me the X was already running . I should
10 > kill the X first or change the display number to start the xfce . I'm
11 > wonder how did this happen ? Did it because of the connection between
12 > Xorg and xfce ? Can anyone help me? i'm new to gentoo and I have no
13 > idea how to deal with it ? Can i find any log to find something?
16 It sounds as though you are starting only X and not xfce.
17
18 This is my logon_cmd from /etc/slim.conf
19 login_cmd exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch --sh-syntax
20 --exit-with-session /bin/bash -login ~/.xinitrc %session >
21 ~/.xsession-errors 2>&1
22
23 And this is my ~/.xinitrc
24
25 exec startxfce4
26
27 Everything is running great. If I am not mistaken that is all it will
28 take to get it running.
32 Willie Matthews
33 matthews.willie@×××××.com