From: "Iván Pérez Domínguez" <ivanperezdominguez@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: single command line argument not working on boot
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:08:52
1 Harm Geerts wrote:
2 > On Sunday 21 January 2007 22:10, John covici wrote:
3 >> Hi. I was under the impression that I could boot into a shell before
4 >> the runlevel default started by adding single to my boot command
5 >> line. There is nothing in the single directory and right now when I
6 >> say single it goes right to run level 3.
7 >>
8 >> Any assistance would be appreciated.
9 >
10 > The single runlevel is different from what you want.
11 >
12 > If you want a shell instead of a runlevel you can boot with the init parameter
13 > like this:
14 > <your_kernel_image> init=/bin/sh
15
16 If you just want to prevent a specific daemon from loading, you can also
17 press 'I' when the runlevel starts. This will give you an interactive boot.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature