From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is /etc/conf.d/net.example?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 18:29:34
1 /usr/share/doc/netifrc-0.1/net.example.bz2
4 On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 8:27 PM, Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com
5 > wrote:
6
7 > Where is the proper place to specify the gentoo network configuration
8 > nowadays?
9 >
10 > I do not have a file called /etc/conf.d/net.example on my hard drive.
11 > That surprised me.
12 >
13 > The handbook talks all about eth0, but my machine does not have a
14 > eth0. It has eno1. Perhaps the handbook is not up to date?
15 >
16 > I'm using wicd now but I want to ditch wicd and replace it with the
17 > "generally accepted correct gentoo way".
18 >
19 > Thank you,
20 >
21 > Chris