From: z3rosix@×××××××.ch
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /var/log/messages size
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:38:46
1 Hello,
2
3 On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 05:12:30PM -0300, Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
4 > Hi All, I was looking for explanations about syslog-ng and got stucked....
5 > I was wondering why my /var/log/messages has 2.1 GB size and if I can
6 > reduce this size or config it better; I am using default syslog-ng
7 > config that was emerged by gentoo instalation.
8 >
9 > Thanks, Allan
10
11 try to use logrotate -> app-admin/logrotate
12 and make it an cronjob every night or every week.
13 it will rotate and compress your old logfiles
16 greetz
17
18 alex
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list