From: Jim Cunning <jcunning@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Moving an installed system to RAID10
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 16:55:02
1 I have a well-running AMD64 system running on a 250G disk that is beginning to
2 show some SMART errors. I have purchased and partitioned two 1T disks into
3 RAID10 arrays and would like to move everything to the new arrays, make them
4 bootable and abandon booting from the 250G disk.
5
6 I know I'll need to change /boot/grub/grub.conf, /etc/fstab and any other
7 files that refer to my current drive partitions, /dev/sda{1,2,3,4}. I am
8 concerned whether my current kernel will recognize the /dev/md{1,2,3,4}
9 arrays on booting, and before switching from the initrd root disk. How can I
10 check the parameters and contents of the initrd I'm currently using and/or
11 generate a new one to permit booting from the RAID disks?
12 --
13 Jim