From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard is dead after emerge-update
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:20:06
1 On Monday, March 21, 2016 05:43:38 PM Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 21/03/2016 16:52, Alan Grimes wrote:
3 > > Anyone who boots directly to X'doze without first going through a safe
4 > > console login is a raging mad lunatic who needs his head examined. This
5 > > is linux we are talking about. It's crap. It always has been crap, and
6 > > it always will be crap. Never ever ever trust it. I leave my computer on
7 > > continuously because booting it is such a risk. Every single time I load
8 > > X'doze and find that my keyboard and mouse are working I ghasp with
9 > > surprise. The linux developers, or the penguins as I like to call them
10 > > are so smug on the sublime superiority of the open source approach that
11 > > they never bother to design essential things such as fail-safe design,
12 > > fallback drivers, stable apis so that it doesn't just die if it's not
13 > > compiled against this specific point release. ... You know, the kind of
14 > > things that any competent programmer would think about. =|
15 >
16 > Danger, Will Robinson, danger!
17 >
18 > The power of the troll is strong with this one.
19
20 No.... really? :)
23 Joost