From: Norbert Kamenicky <noro@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SuperMicro P4SCT+ and SATA
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:34:45
1 David Busby wrote:
2 > I'm trying to get 2005.1 onto this box I was just gifted. It's got a
3 > SuperMicro p4sct+ with a goofy SATA controller. I've got four hard
4 > drives in it, connected to these four SATA connectors (labeled like 1/5,
5 > 2/6, 3/7, 4/8). I guess i'm using them in 1,2,3,4 mode. But my gentoo
6 > cannot see the drives. lspci sees the controller
7
8 *snip*
9
10 > It's that dang Marvell thing, I think. When it boots it says
11 > Adaptec-HOSTRAID something. There are also two other SATA connectors,
12 > seems that they connect to the Intel controller. Shouldn't ata_piix
13 > find it? Seems like it. What about a Marvell driver for the four
14 > drives, am I hosed? Any ideas?
15
16 *snip*
17
18 Hi David,
19
20 AFAIK "ata_piix.c" is developed for intel SATA controllers integrated on
21 PIIX chipsets only.
22 Why do you expect it should support Adaptec or Marvell controllers too?
23
24 U need some another driver for it, therefore start kernel configuration,
25 have a look at SCSI device support ---> SCSI low-level drivers --->
26 [*] Serial ATA (SATA) support
27 and find if something on next lines fits to your controller.
28 If not, then goooogle can be helpful to find it (if it exist).
29
30 HTH, noro
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list