From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Hardware Problems causing kernel panics during large compiles
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 06:12:08
1 On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Well like i said earlier, it did work that way.  The final test is doing it
3 > in X with full drivers loaded again.  Then i get to kick my 9800gt off a
4 > cliff.
5
6 Well, keep in mind you're switching from a PCIe card to an integrated
7 chipset. It could be your PCIe slot (or even northbridge) that's
8 failing. I'd suggest finding another PCIe video card and giving it a
9 shot, if the X-with-integrated-video works.
10
11 If it works with the HD3300, but not with a PCIe graphics card (even
12 an ATI one), I'd suspect your northbridge is messed up, and may have
13 been damaged by the overclocking.
17 :wq