From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] join two tab-separate-value files without join field
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 10:14:46
1 On Saturday 24 May 2008, 06:18, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2
3 > Hi.
4 >
5 > I got a datasheet from my colleague in MS Excel format and I intend to
6 > process that file with my awk/sed knowledge. The problem is: he sent
7 > me two Excel files each with 2134 records, in fact there should be
8 > only one excel file with 2134 rows and 295 columns, but MS Excel can
9 > only handle 256 data columns, so he split the datasheet vertically so
10 > he can manage to send to me.
11 >
12 > Now I saved both file to tab-separated-value format, how do I join
13 > them?
14
15 IIUC, you have two files like this:
18 file1: