From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Do I need PM_AUTOSLEEP?
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 09:26:13
1 I am configuring the 3.5.7 kernel and it brought this up:
2 ========================================================
3 CONFIG_PM_AUTOSLEEP:
4
5 Allow the kernel to trigger a system transition into a global sleep
6 state automatically whenever there are no active wakeup sources.
7
8 Symbol: PM_AUTOSLEEP [=n]
9 Type : boolean
10 Prompt: Opportunistic sleep
11 Defined at kernel/power/Kconfig:106
12 Depends on: PM_SLEEP [=y]
13 Location:
14 -> Power management and ACPI options
15 ========================================================
16
17 but I am not sure what the impact of it will be. In particular, I would like
18 to avoid sluggishness in the off chance the laptop is thinking that it should
19 start placing devices into sleep, when I am still using the machine. I recall
20 some laptop option/service causing mplayer stopping and restarting when
21 running on battery in the past, so I am keen to avoid something similar.
22
23 Have you any experience of how this behaves?
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick