From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11 / setxkbmap masked
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:48:34
1 On Thursday 22 June 2006 22:47, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
3 > > Hence you may run into this problem for a lot of packages that
4 > > belong to modular X as they are upgraded to newer versions that
5 > > your /etc/portage/package.keywords doesn't unmask.
6 >
7 > Hmm... Does package.keywords allow to keyword specific versions of
8 > a package? Not here. When trying it, it says: --- Invalid atom
9 > in /etc/portage/package.keywords. (Portage-2.1-r1.)
10
11 Then I have no explanation for what happened so you can just disregard the
12 above statement. And yes does allow it. Whether it is a good idea is a
13 different question. I already gave you a link to the handbook. This
14 particular feature is covered in part 3, chapter 3. It's also covered in `man
15 portage`.
16
17 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=3
20 Bo Andresen