From: Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] post handbook install guide?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:50:44
1 also, if/when you change useflags, and --newuse so it picks stuff up.
2 Personally, I just
3
4 emerge -uDav --newuse world
5
6 to upgrade my system (upgrade, deep, ask, verbose, newuse).
7
8 On 7/26/07, Samir Faci <samir.list@×××××.com> wrote:
9 >
10 > if you've just completed a proper install from the handbook (presuming a
11 > bootable system, with bootloader, cron/syslog, etc). you really don't need
12 > to do a system.
13 >
14 > kde-meta (iirc should pull xorg as a dependency, so all you'd need is
15 > kde-meta and the world update, but you'd still need to add whatever software
16 > your user would use). Like, firefox would be nice for one.
17 >
18 > Gentoo is very minimalistic, presume nothing is installed until you do.
22 > --
23 > Samir
24 >