From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:00:18
1 On Friday 02 July 2010 10:14:38 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 02:54:33 +0200, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
3 > > It is usually better and prefer the "answer to all" policy as it permit
4 > > to be notified of an answer without having to track the whole mailing
5 > > list.
6 >
7 > If I post to the list, I expect a reply via the list. Getting two replies
8 > is annoying, especially if I don't realise the private one is a duplicate
9 > and reply to it before checking the list. One of the main points of a list
10 > is that it is a public discussion, archived for all to see, fragmenting
11 > conversations into private mail defeats that point.
12
13 Very true.
14
15 I'm not sending this very reply to Neil. I'm sending it to the entire group of
16 people on the list.
17
18 That is the entire intent of a mailing list and the Reply-To policy reflects
19 that.
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com