From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage GUI interfaces...
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 08:12:03
1 On 25 February 2010 11:40, BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I am interested in finding a GUI interface for working with portage, preferably for KDE4.
3 > Namely b/c I am getting a little tired of having konsole windows open and not being able to keep track of where I am in the emerge update process - something a GUI _ought_ to be able to resolve.
4
5 I thought that in the window title bar, it will tell you something
6 useful about the present emerge command?
7
8 I switched from kde a little while ago, and now I mostly use frameless
9 terminals in xfce (it ends up looking something like xmonad).
10
11 I am pretty sure I used to have this in konsole, whether it was
12 default or I had to tweak some settings to get it, I dunno. And if
13 konsole can't do it, something can.
14
15 (I'm not answering your exact question, I know, but if it's just an
16 issue to know your status on an emerge process generally, like which
17 package you are on and what number package it is out of the full
18 emerge list running, the title bar can show you that.)
19
20 Regards,
21 daid