From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howto remove Xorg?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:50:43
1 On Monday 15 June 2009 16:43:00 Fred.L wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > > Hello all,
7 > > I have a VM with Gentoo as guest and I don't know why, maybe I was
8 > > lonely, but I tried to install X on the guest without needing it
9 > > (maybe just to see how it looks to have X in X ;-)).
10 > > The problem is that now, I sync'ed the guest and it wants to pull an
11 > > update for X and all the drivers.
12 > > Frankly, I don't want to spend dozen of minutes compiling the new X
13 > > when I don't need it on a VM...
14 > >
15 > > So my question is: how do I remove X and all its components?
16 >
17 > I think you could try this:
18 > $ emerge --unmerge xorg-server
19
20 xorg-server is usually not in world. xorg-x11 is a meta package that DEPENDs
21 on xorg-server, the OP should unmerge xorg-x11
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com