From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pcre build failure
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 23:07:37
1 On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 04:14:07PM -0400, John Covici wrote:
2 > Also, you might want to go to the ~ tre -- I have no trouble compiling, but I
3 > have version 10.35 which is much newer than what you are trying to compile.
4
5 This concerns `dev-libs/libpcre`, not `dev-libs/pcre2`. As far as Portage is
6 concerned, these are two completely different packages. For the package in
7 question, the version Jude is attempting to install is the only one in the tree.
8
9 It's a bit tricky to triage the error from the assembler, because the compiler
10 is piping in its output, hence the assembler only reporting "{standard input}".
11 With that said, it looks like the assembler is encountering a syntax error,
12 which is very peculiar indeed. Furthermore, I'm unable the replicate this error
13 with the USE-flags given in Jude's `emerge --info` output, including the
14 notorious `static-libs` flag.
15
16 Can anyone else replicate this error?
20 Ashley Dixon
21 suugaku.co.uk
24 DA96 D18A
25 8A7B B0D2