From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video database software
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 00:31:14
1 On Mon, 2019-01-28 at 18:01 -0600, Dale wrote:
2 +AD4-
3 +AD4- I do currently use exiftool to get the resolution. One, it is
4 +AD4- accurate
5 +AD4- and true every time. I've never had it be wrong. I do it this way:
6 +AD4- exiftool +ADw-path to file +AD4- +AHw- grep size
7
8 Assuming you're using bash as your shell then you're pretty close
9 already. Make it:
10 echo +ACIAPA-path to file+AD4-, +ACQ-(exiftool +ADw-path to file+AD4- +AHw- grep size)+ACI-
11
12 Then you just need to run that over every file and append the output to
13 a data file for searching. There are a variety of ways to do that
14 ranging from using loops in your script to doing abominable things with
15 spreadsheet programs or other editors, so I leave that choice up to
16 you.
17
18 LMP