From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gstreamer
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 05:47:57
1 On 1 Apr 2008, at 05:44, Ted Ozolins wrote:
2
3 > I have both gstreamer-0.8 and -0.10 on my system. -0.8 is no longer
4 > in portage. Revdep-rebuild complains about several packages as
5 > broken and require gstreamer-0.8. I tried following:
6 >> http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Troubleshooting_Gstreamer
7 >
8 > Can I emerge -C =media-libs/gstreamer-0.8 without borking my system?
9
10 I would _imagine_ so.
11 I'd expect that if you were to remove 0.8 then revdep-rebuild would
12 then allow the packages to be rebuilt linked against the late version.
13
14 However, to be sure that these packages don't have a depends that
15 specifies < 0.9 it might be worth telling use which packages are broken?
16 I take it you can't emerge -1 each of these packages separately?
17
18 Stroller.
19 --
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list