From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Colors corrupted in X after returning from text console
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:16:50
1 On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 00:29 -0400, waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2 > > If you are using the Intel graphics I think you should try KMS.
3 > > Switching back and forth between X and a vt is both fast and
4 > > flicker-free and I haven't seen any artifacts switching between
5 > > the two.
6 >
7 > From looking at Google, I think you're referring to kernel mode
8 > switching. I have looked all over make menuconfig and can't find it.
9 > What is the reference I should be looking for? I'm running the
10 > latest stable kernel as near as I can tell.
13 Oh stable... never touch the stuff... ;)
14
15 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Intel_GMA#Kernel_Modesetting