From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Painted into a corner: avahi and mDNSResponder
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 02:30:18
1 Almost perpetually, the following packages or their versions are
2 blocking. I have run emerge -e system several times. Some other
3 problems were cleared up, and this
4 avahi--mDNSResponder/mdnsresponder-compat whatever it all is, just
5 keeps coming back even when solved by some skullduggery. I've removed
6 both of them at one time or another.
7
8 [blocks B ] net-dns/avahi ("net-dns/avahi" is blocking
9 net-misc/mDNSResponder-107.6-r5)
10
11 [blocks B ] net-misc/mDNSResponder ("net-misc/mDNSResponder" is
12 blocking net-dns/avahi-0.6.23)
13
14 I guess the problem is that I am running gnome and also have two or
15 three different versions/slots of kde installed. I suppose, then,
16 it's remarkable that only these blocks are showing up?
17
18 Can someone lend a hand on this? Anything I do is little more than
19 blind tinkering.
20
21 Alan
25 Alan Davis
26
27 "It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..."
28 ---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man